Sep 8 2008

Dear Mike,

I am not Paul Westerberg. I am Jodi. I am sure Paul would love the fact that you like the way he sings eyes in Be My Darling. He’d also be thrilled that your cat says hi. However, I am not Paul Westerberg and therefore I cannot answer your questions regarding the release of 49:00, 5:05, or 3oclockreep on CD.

Keep on keeping on,
Jodi, queen of the underground, who is not Paul Westerberg

~~~~~~~~~
Dear Guitar Maker,

I am not Paul Westerberg. However, I am sure he’d love it if you sent me a handmade guitar.

Love you in the fall,
Jodi, queen of the underground, who is not Paul Westerberg

~~~~~~~~~
Dear Chris,

Thank you for not assuming I am Paul Westerberg. I truly appreciate it. However, I am not a man.

Sincerely,
Jodi, queen of the underground, who is not sporting a chain

~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Chris, Rob, Sid, Tommy, Bob, Kim, and Dopey,

Thank you for not assuming I am Paul Westerberg. I appreciate it. Also, I am sorry you missed the download of 49:00. That sucks. You should pay more attention. I am sure if you Googled hard enough you could find a download, somewhere.

Sincerely,
Jodi, queen of the underground, who is not Paul Westerberg

Tags: , ,

Mon Sep 8, 2008 at 9:52 am · ·

Somewhere Charlie Kauffman is writing a screenplay about this–(Not) Being Paul Westerberg.

zook

Mon Sep 8, 2008 at 10:35 am · ·

So if I am reading this right, you are saying that there is a small chance that you are indeed Paul Westerberg. Thanks for the website Paul and if you wouldn’t mind autographing that human head I sent you and sending it back, I would appreciate it (so would mom, who probably now regrets saying your music sounds like crap.)

P.S. – my hamster, Tim, says hi

Phil

Mon Sep 8, 2008 at 11:31 am · ·

Is it possible you’re Janis Joplin then?

Mon Sep 8, 2008 at 12:47 pm · ·

Now Phil, if I told you who I really was, what fun would that be?

Also Zook, I keep all human heads and promptly turn them over to the Jellystone Rangers.

Phil

Mon Sep 8, 2008 at 1:41 pm · ·

HA! Actually, I’m Paul Westerberg! You failed the test, young grasshopper!! ;)

Mon Sep 8, 2008 at 1:43 pm · ·

Damnit Phil/Paul, please start responding to your own damn e-mail.

Jonathon

Mon Sep 8, 2008 at 5:29 pm · ·

Paul, some lady named Jodi seems to have taken over your website…might wanna get that fixed…

Mon Sep 8, 2008 at 10:12 pm · ·

Hey i bought 3ooclockkreep and It went on my ipod but cannot locate the file on my i tunes. Anyone have any ideas? could i e-mail tune core? I am pissed…

Mon Sep 8, 2008 at 10:42 pm · ·

Jake if it went on your iPod it’s got to be in your iTunes somewhere. have you tried searching for ’3oclockreep’ in your itunes? That usually pulls it up.

Once you find it, select the song and press Ctrl + I (or cmd + I on a mac), then click the info tab, at the bottom it will tell you where the file is located on your computer.

Chances are when you downloaded it from TuneCore it got downloaded somewhere outside your iTunes music folder.

Tue Sep 9, 2008 at 12:11 am · ·

yeah it’s gone i think….It just made two copies of finally here once

Tue Sep 9, 2008 at 12:14 am · ·

Ok i checked my e-mail and downloaded it again. I’m good. Thanks jodi. Finally here once is my new favorite song….

blasty

Mon Sep 15, 2008 at 8:01 am · ·

Here’s a photo of Jodi and her happy family:

Mon Sep 15, 2008 at 11:19 am · ·

Why I oughta. . .

Tue Sep 16, 2008 at 9:58 pm · ·

Blasty, why did you post these candid shots of Westerberg’s family? Worse, his kid is even in them…very intrusive & I don’t think Westerberg would approve.

I cast a vote for you to take it off the page pronto.

Tue Sep 16, 2008 at 10:00 pm · ·

Blasty didn’t post them, someone else did. Blasty just linked to them.

Tue Sep 16, 2008 at 10:09 pm · ·

Yeah Jodi, but providing the link is still a poor decision, would you not agree? What’s next, home movies?

I think it’s a privacy issue that should be respected & shit.

Tue Sep 16, 2008 at 10:13 pm · ·

Nothing on the Internet is private. I post pictures of my friends and family all the time knowing full well that anyone can look at them any time they want. If I don’t want the pictures to be seen, I don’t put them on the Internet. It’s as easy as that.

If the photographer and the subject of the photos has a problem with them being seen by random Web surfers, they will pull down the photos. In the meantime, if you don’t like them, don’t look. Beware what you click, this is the Internet it’s not for pussies.

Jonathon

Tue Sep 16, 2008 at 10:21 pm · ·

I respectfully disagree. Most of the internet is in fact dedicated to pussy.

Tue Sep 16, 2008 at 10:21 pm · ·

Like The Strokes song goes – “I think we should disagree, yeah”… but it’s your board, so it’s your call.

Tue Sep 16, 2008 at 10:24 pm · ·

Jonathon — argh! That’s why I hate using the term pussy in a derogatory manner. The Feminist in me is kicking my ass.

Jim Dracula, I believe I told you once that I don’t delete comments. Ever. The only person who can delete a comment is the original author. If Blasty has second thoughts and deletes the link, that’s his choice.

But I will never, ever, ever delete a comment or post by someone that isn’t me (Unless it’s spam)

Tue Sep 16, 2008 at 10:47 pm · ·

So does this mean I can henceforth post in Dutch & not get my ass thrown off? heh.

Tue Sep 16, 2008 at 10:52 pm · ·

why would you do that?

Tue Sep 16, 2008 at 11:03 pm · ·

Jodi, Jodi, Jodi…just having fun with your older post addressed to me & Blasty…

Half of what I say is meaningless…& in Dutch. Spot the lyric & you win a prize.

blasty

Wed Sep 17, 2008 at 7:08 am · ·

Of course, the post with the link is 3 days old without a comment, and could have died a dignified death if you hadn’t waved your arms and drawn attention to it. If I delete the link, Jodi’s gonna get a whole lot of messages from readers that missed it asking to see it.
And who’s to say that PW has any problem with it? It’s not like it was taken through a telephoto lens at the beach or in his back yard.

Wed Sep 17, 2008 at 12:00 pm · ·

Actually there were many folks on this board (& MWT) that had a problem with the photos…Don’t shoot the messenger.

You really think Jodi will be flooded with requests to view these candid shots if you delete them? Wow…you sure are taking it personal.

Wed Sep 17, 2008 at 12:01 pm · ·

Jim, you’re the only person here that complained. At least that I know of. If people have a problem with something on paulwesterberg.net, they should bring it up to me, not to you.

Wed Sep 17, 2008 at 12:18 pm · ·

I just posted my concern…I’m not telling anyone what they should post & when they should post it.

Sheet, this is boring…think I’ll go break a guitar…string or two.

Wed Sep 17, 2008 at 12:22 pm · ·

Yes, I saw that you posted your concern and I addressed it. But you also said, and I quote “Actually there were many folks on this board . . .” and as far as I know you were the only one to complain.

And, need I remind you, you’re the one who stirred up this pot .

blasty

Wed Sep 17, 2008 at 12:33 pm · ·

Ummm….I can’t delete the photos- the page isn’t mine.

…and 4 people (out of 1462 members) voiced their concerns on MWT about the photos, which is a lofty .002 percent. I should go into hiding.

Of course, your pattern of always getting the last word in is keeping this thread alive. You go, girl!

blasty

Wed Sep 17, 2008 at 12:53 pm · ·

“But you also said, and I quote “Actually there were many folks on this board . . .” and as far as I know you were the only one to complain”.

When JD complains, that’s like 6 or seven people right there!

Wed Sep 17, 2008 at 1:01 pm · ·

Yeah, you got me “Blasty”lol… your “insights” are always a joy…please break out the Westerberg family photo album next…it will be a smart move fo sho. Safety last.

Girls, girls, you’re both pretty, now stop…Only ones keepin’ this thread alive is youz two.

blasty

Wed Sep 17, 2008 at 1:10 pm · ·

I rest my case…….

Wed Sep 17, 2008 at 3:03 pm · ·

So… Blasty, you can delete the Westerberg family photos on MWT -per Kathy’s request- but not here. Ummm.

blasty

Wed Sep 17, 2008 at 3:08 pm · ·

that’s my brother, BlastT that posts there. I think he knows your sister, Irene bullock.

Wed Sep 17, 2008 at 3:13 pm · ·

First of all Jim, this is not MWT. This site is not affiliated with MWT in any way, shape, or form. What Kathy chooses to do on that site is her business. What happens over there does not affect what happens over here.

Got it?

Secondly, why are you so morally opposed to the pictures? If you had not brought up the whole issue the link would have been buried in the comments of a post that is over a week old. Are you gunning for Blasty?

I am not sure what your problem is with him, and to be frank, I don’t care. But really, this whole crybaby thing is starting to annoy the fuck out of me, and much like the Incredible Hulk you won’t like me when I’m angry.

Wed Sep 17, 2008 at 3:24 pm · ·

…not the way I hear it missy…or bub…or pud.

You keep changing your story…Last December you posted it’s your sister BlastT who posts on MWT…won that coveted Jim Walsh book now on her shelf.

Back to the topic…you sure learned fast how to remove that photo link. Bravo Blasty!

Wed Sep 17, 2008 at 3:30 pm · ·

Yeah Jodi, if you seriously think I’m “gunning” for Blasty, so be it. Crybaby? I ain’t the one runnin’ to you. Yowza, mama.

Wed Sep 17, 2008 at 3:35 pm · ·

Uh, yes you are. Every comment left on this site is sent to me, so in effect when you start to whine in the comments you are crying to me. And, you and both know this isn’t the first time you’ve had a temper tantrum regarding Blasty.

Seriously, enough.

karenripington

Wed Sep 17, 2008 at 4:00 pm · ·

Jodi, thank you so very much for not deleting and/or censoring — it’s quite refreshing and a most welcome change from some other websites and blogs. The (2!) photographs in question are buried deep in a pile of photo galleries that are over 3 years old. They weren’t taken with a telephoto lens or by some crazed fan. A friend took some pictures of his family and friends together on vacation, he posted them in a gallery on the internet….big deal…it happens many times each day. I’m guessing Paul has bigger and better things to fret about.

Wed Sep 17, 2008 at 4:18 pm · ·

Thank you Karen. I’ve had posts randomly disappear on MWT for reasons I cannot explain or that were ever explained to me. It’s why I started this site.

I think Jim is just trying to make Blasty look like an asshole or something. i have no idea idea what his probably is. I know Blasty and he needs no help (Blasty, you know I’m kidding), so I am not sure what Jim’s point is.

Wed Sep 17, 2008 at 4:32 pm · ·

I agree…enough…but make sure Blasty gets the memo this time. Blasty pass it down to RJ, would you please.

Jodi, the request I made to you was done privately (I could not have been more courteous & you know it ) Hell, I even invited our dear Blasty to email me, as “he” seemed to be having a myriad of problems….never heard from Blasty.

Should anyone have a future complaint, you are more than welcome to send me a message -JimDracula@gmail.com-instead of posting it on a public forum. Otherwise, it’s bad form. All political opinions, trade info, B.B.Q. recipes, hate mail will be answered. Now moving the fuck on…

Thu Sep 18, 2008 at 4:37 am · ·

jodi said “tangential” hehe

blasty

Mon Sep 22, 2008 at 5:35 pm · ·

“If people have a problem with something on paulwesterberg.net, they should bring it up to me, not to you.”
————————————————————————
“Should anyone have a future complaint, you are more than welcome to send me a message”

———————————————————————–

I’m confused…..if I have a complaint, do I send it to Jodi, or JD? Who runs this board?

Mon Sep 22, 2008 at 5:38 pm · ·

You can bring any complaints about Jim Dracula and what he says to him, everything else comes to me, especially money.

blasty

Mon Sep 22, 2008 at 6:01 pm · ·

Good, people can stop emailing me about JD’s problems and send them straight to her. I’m getting tired of it.

…and what money? I ain’t seen no money……

*lights cigar with $50 bill*

Mon Sep 22, 2008 at 6:04 pm · ·

Damn you rich people! Someday, I will claw my out of the poor house and become a dazzling success and someone will make a movie of my life story and it will feature a soundtrack filled with Journey and Bon Jovi songs and then you will rue the day you flaunted your cash in my face.

blasty

Mon Sep 22, 2008 at 6:12 pm · ·

I’m just saying that “if” people were sending money to PW.net, and “if” I was diverting those funds into my own account, I “hypothetically” could be lighting cigars with $50 bills.

*takes another puff”

…and when they do make a movie of your life, who should play the role of Jodi? I vote Matt Dillon. He kinda looks like you and is a fan of your music.

Where You Gonna See The 'Mats?

Comments